Making the Business Case Inside Your Organization: What is the Evidence on Cost Savings
- Benefits for purchasers: National Business Coalition on Health Action Brief includes multiple examples of cost savings
What to Consider and Tools for Implementing Health Care Homes
- Benefit plan designs to support primary care: A report from the PCPCC providing background on value based insurance design and patient centered medical home, why employers should care and what they should do.
- Contract language, RFP language to consider when selecting and contracting with health plans.
How to Explain HCH to Employees and Family Members
- Why a HCH? Medical Home for All, sponsored by the Texas Academy of Family Physicians. This website includes videos, tools and materials that define a medical home, support becoming a medical home, tools to advocate for, studies and evidence, and multimedia material. This website includes YouTube videos of patients describing their experiences.
- Choosing a Primary Care Provider – Videos discuss what patients should consider when choosing a provider
- Aurora Health Care (5:57)
- Rush Medical Center (3:14)
- Meritus Health (3:31)
- Benefits of Boeing’s program for patients
- Finding a HCH in Minnesota
- Finding a PCMH nationally
- Each health plan should provide a listing of PCMH practices by location, ideally on a web site that promotes its benefits and how to choose one
- How to partner with HCHs – a tool designed for families and children to assess family centered care that could be used by any family to assess a clinic’s approach to partnership
- HCH quality in Minnesota: A website that includes quality scores for all Minnesota providers on multiple measures
Examples of Employers’ Success
- Hot-Spotters, New Yorker
- Boeing’s Intensive Outpatient Care Model