Health Care Home (also known as Patient-Centered Medical Home)
This tool kit is designed to help employers learn how primary care is being restructured and financed through Health Care Homes (HCH) in Minnesota and Patient Centered Medical Homes (PCMH) nationally. While there is a plethora of activity by providers and payers, employers have generally not been included in the conversation. This information includes questions, topics and resources for employers to consider, discuss with health plans and providers, and use as guides as you decide whether and how to proceed. To view toolkit contents, click on any headline, below.
- Health Plan Questions for National Employers
- What to Communicate to Health Plans
- Questions for disease and care management vendors
- Examples of Employers’ Success
- Questions to Consider Before Deciding to Participate
- Making the Business Case Inside Your Organization: Evidence on Savings and Productivity
- What to Consider and Tools for Implementing Health Care Homes
- How to Explain HCH to Employees and Family Members
Multiple videos included Information and perspectives for employers and patients from providers, health plans, and multi-stakeholder organizations.
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
Catalyst for Payment ReformCenters for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
Medical Home for All
Minnesota’s Health Care Home (HCH) website
The National Business Coalition on Health (NBCH)
National Committee Quality Assurance (NCQA)
Patient Centered Primary Care Collaborative (PCPCC)
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
The Health Care Home Tool Kit helps employers learn how primary care is being restructured and financed through Health Care Homes (HCH) in Minnesota and Patient Centered Medical Homes (PCMH) nationally. You will find questions, topics and resources to consider, discuss with health plans and providers, and use as guides as you decide whether and how to proceed.